Supplier Procurement Policy
This Policy Summary sets out the main points of the Procurement Policy:
Aim of the procurement policy
To tell you about the key principles Santander follows when we're buying goods and services from suppliers. The policy protects our commercial interests and our reputation by:
- ensuring good business-to-business conduct
- providing strong financial control
- providing sound contract terms
- allowing sound risk management
Santander Group is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, as a result the Global Compact is included as part of Santander's Corporate Social Responsibility Governance Framework which includes this policy.
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights within their sphere of influence; and
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- The effective abolition of child labour; and
- Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
This policy applies to everyone in Santander, including contractors, all must follow the policy and we will work to encourage our joint venture and outsourcing partners to support this policy also.
Procurement will select suppliers as detailed within these principles.
Our ethical statement
- We will only do business with organisations that share our commitment to treat all stakeholders fairly and ethically in accordance with the United Nations Global Compact on human rights, labour regulations, protection of the environment and anti corruption
- We aim for the highest ethical standards and expect our suppliers to do the same
- We reserve the right to check the ethical standing of our suppliers in relation to any of the principles expressed in this policy